marketing area partnerships
TPNW’s policy will be to work with the 18 Tourist Associations, 5 Sector Groups, and 4 Consortia in the region, grouped in clusters, co-terminus with the Marketing Areas within the region, to develop 5 Marketing Area Partnerships for:
- Isle of Anglesey
- Snowdonia Mountains & Coast
- North Wales Coastal Resorts West (Llandudno/Colwyn Bay)
- North Wales Coastal Resorts East (Rhyl/Prestatyn)
- The North Wales Borderlands.
The 5 Marketing Area Partnerships will adopt Tourism Strategy North Wales 2010-2015 - Marketing Area Tourism Strategy and Action Plan as their template, this to lead to the development of a Marketing Area Business Plan to be progressed by the Area’s Tourism Delivery Team. To gel the Marketing Area Partnerships, TPNW will offer administrative / co-ordination support. Individual Tourist Associations will not be supported. It is intended to recognize the uniqueness of each association but secure through the Marketing Area Partnerships the following:
- Inclusivity – All bona fide trade, local authority and other relevant agencies participating.
- Improved inter-linkage, and the fostering of good relationships between associations, private and public sector interests, to work on common goals.
- Sharing of knowledge/experiences and up skilling of the competencies of the representatives.
- Nomination of advisors to the Board of Directors of TPNW.
- An Annual Bid will be submitted for funds of circa £30k per Marketing Area Partnerships by 31 December to a Business Plan format.
- An Evaluation and Monitoring Report will be provided with 6 weeks of completion of funded work.